Car cleaners are responsible for the complete cleaning of vehicles, starting with pre-washing and high-pressure cleaning and ending with polishing. They also clean engines, rims, tires, underbodies and vehicle interiors and maintain the vehicle paint with special wax. If new cars come directly from production, they remove the wax applied to the paint as transport protection. If necessary, vehicle care specialists also transfer the vehicles and carry out departure inspections. In doing so, they check the vehicles for operational readiness and damage, e.g. to the tires.
In German, Car Cleaner is called…
Fahrzeugreiniger | Fahrzeugpfleger | Fahrzeugaufbereiter
Why should You apply as a Car Cleaner
1. Flexible Schedule: As a car cleaner, you can set your own hours and work around your own schedule.
2. Variety of Work: You can get to work with a variety of cars and on different types of detailing jobs.
3. Knowledge of Cars: You will gain a great deal of knowledge about different makes and models of cars.
4. Good Pay: Depending on the type of work you do, you can make a decent wage.
5. Satisfaction: You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to make someone’s car look its best.
Many job ads mention the following advantages and benefits:
- High quality work safety equipment
- The possibility to qualify according to your individual needs
- A secure job and good social benefits
- Supplement to the company pension scheme
- Possibility of taking out company health insurance (BKV)
Hourly wages are frequently announced as 13 to 15€.
As you might expect, there will be an initital training. This will take about 1 week on the job.
Basic Requirements for Car Cleaner…
German Minimum B1 | Fitness
What it needs to succeed as a Car Cleaner
You are always friendly to customers, even if you are not in a good mood.
Even after a party, You won´t let the team down the next day.
You can enjoy clean, chic cars.
Maybe you even have a driver’s license to drive a posh car from A to B.
What to Do in detail
Clean vehicles or vehicle components
Apply protective or decorative finishes to car parts
Clean machinery or equipment.
Drive passenger vehicles.
Inspect motor vehicles.
Mix substances or compounds needed for work activities.
Install parts, assemblies, or attachments in transportation or material handling equipment.
Acquire supplies or equipment.