Security Guards are involved in securing and protecting people, objects and assets. In gate duty, they ensure that only authorized persons enter the company facilities. During patrols of the company buildings and premises, they check compliance with company and statutory regulations, e.g. fire and environmental protection, as well as the proper functioning of the security equipment. If they detect any deficiencies, they ensure that they are rectified.
In event services, they carry out visitor checks, set up barriers and ensure that escape routes and emergency exits are properly marked and kept open. In traffic services, they carry out patrols at train stations, airports or in means of transport and carry out security checks. They can also work as drivers or passengers on cash-in-transit vehicles or in personal security.
In German, Security Guard is called…
Fachkraft Schutz und Sicherheit | Wachmann | Sicherheitsmitarbeiter | Objektschützer
Why should You apply as a Security Guard
A job as a security guard offers several benefits. One of the most important benefits is the pay. Security guards typically have competitive salaries and some may even receive benefits such as health insurance and retirement plans. Furthermore, security guards can often gain valuable experience in a wide range of professions, such as law enforcement and dispute resolution. Additionally, the job provides the opportunity to develop important professional skills, such as problem solving and crisis management. Security guards also have the potential to gain work experience in different settings, such as airports, entertainment venues, and office buildings. Finally, the job can be very rewarding as it provides an important service to society and helps keep people safe and protected.
Many job ads mention the following advantages and benefits:
- A permanent part-time or full-time position
- Payment above the collective wage agreement
- Individual opportunities for advancement and further training
- Work clothes
- Appreciation and a collegial team
- We support your family with tutoring, music education and exciting leisure activities.
Hourly wages are frequently announced as 14 to 18€
Next career steps are an apprenticeship to Personenschützer or Fachkraft für Geld- und Werttransporte.
As you might expect, there will be an initital training, especially the training Sachkunde Wach- und Sicherheitskraft nach § 34a GewO.
Basic Requirements for Security Guards…
German Minimum B2
What it needs to succeed as a Security Guard.
This Job requires the ability to
- tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing that there is a problem.
see details at a distance.
listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
What to Do in detail
Block physical access to restricted areas.
- Investigate illegal or suspicious activities.
- Respond to emergencies to provide assistance.
- Monitor access or flow of people to prevent problems.
- Prevent unauthorized individuals from entering restricted areas.
- Write operational reports.
- Operate surveillance equipment to detect suspicious or illegal activities.
- Patrol properties to maintain safety.
- Request emergency personnel.
- Maintain public order or security.
- Provide first aid or rescue assistance in emergencies.
- Use weapons or physical force to maintain security.
- Warn individuals about rule violations or safety concerns.