Healthcare and nursing assistants assist with personal hygiene procedures, place and transfer patients, distribute food and help with food intake. They monitor and control the pulse, temperature, blood pressure and breathing of their patients. They also accompany patients to examinations and treatments. They are involved in physical therapy activities as well. Health care and nursing assistants are furthermore responsible for cleanliness and hygiene: They clean and maintain instruments, tidy the patient’s rooms and adjust the beds. They carry out simple medical instructions and prescriptions, help with nursing documentation and organization, and support specialists such as nursing staff during night watches.
In German, Nursing Assistant is called…
Krankenpflegehelfer | Altenpflegehelfer | Pflegehilfskraft
Why should You apply as a nursing assistant
1. Opportunity to Make a Positive Impact: As a nursing assistant, you have the opportunity to help people in need and make a positive impact on their lives.
2. Job Security: Nursing assistants are in high demand and there is always a need for qualified nursing assistants in the healthcare system.
3. Competitive Pay: Nursing assistants typically earn competitive salaries and benefits, including vacation and sick days, health insurance, and retirement plans.
4. Flexible Hours: Nursing assistants often have the opportunity to work flexible hours, allowing them to choose hours that fit their schedule and lifestyle.
5. Professional Development: Nursing assistants can pursue additional certifications and education in order to advance their career.
6. Job Satisfaction: Nursing assistants often experience a great sense of satisfaction in knowing that they are helping others and making a difference in the lives of their patients.
Many job ads mention the following advantages and benefits:
- Vacation and Christmas Bonus
- Permanent – not temporary – employment contract
- Full-time or part-time basis
- Flexible working hours – short shifts possible
- Car for your assignments
- Harmonious team
- Further education and training opportunities
- Tasks with a lot of creative freedom and appreciation
- Reliable 5-day week
- Company cell phone
Hourly wages are frequently announced as 14 to 16.50€
Next career step could be a further education to “Pflegefachkraft”. This takes about 2 years but leads to significantly higher wages.
Basic Requirements for Nursing Assistance…
German Minimum B2 | Health
What it needs to succeed as a Nursing Assistant
What to Do in detail
- Feed patients.
- Record vital statistics and other health information.
- Stabilize patients to ensure proper positioning or safety.
- Assist patients with daily activities.
- Monitor patients to discover health problems.
- Analyze patient data to identify patient needs or treatment goals.
- Check physical conditions of patients to aid in diagnosis or treatment.
- Dispose of biomedical waste in accordance with hygienical standards.
- Talk with patients to gather medical information.