Shelf replenishers label items with prices, move merchandise to shelves and display areas, and help decorate sales floors. They check the shelves and fill any gaps with supplies from the warehouse. They also reorder merchandise as instructed, assist with quality control inspections, and perform inventory checks with skilled workers during physical inventories. If the retail store or branch offers a shipping service, they pack ordered items and make them ready for shipment. In service stations, sales assistants help skilled workers perform services on motor vehicles, sell products in the service station store, and maintain the service station. Cleaning the sales and storage areas may also be part of their duties.
In German, Shelf Replenisher is called…
Regalauffüller | Warenverräumer
Why should You apply as a Shelf Replenisher
Some benefits of a shelf replenisher job include:
- Providing a service to customers by ensuring products are stocked and readily available
- The opportunity for flexible scheduling and potentially part-time work
- Gaining experience in the retail industry and knowledge of products
- Developing organizational and time management skills
- Possibility of advancement within the company
- Regular work with just little physical strain or heavy lifting required
Many job ads mention the following advantages and benefits:
- A future-proof, permanent job
- Paid overtime
- Intensive paid training by experienced colleagues
- Employee referral program
- Work clothes
- Employee discounts
- Company pension plan
- Free fruit and water
Hourly wages are frequently announced as 12 to 14€
Next career steps are a vocational training as sales assistant (Verkäufer) or retail salesperson (Einzelhandelskaufmann).
Basic Requirements for Shelf Replenisher…
German Minimum A2 | Driver´s License Preferred
What it needs to succeed as a Shelf Replenisher
This Job requires You to…
- being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
- establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- being honest and ethical.
- being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- persistence in the face of obstacles.
What to Do in detail
- Move materials, equipment, or supplies.
- Sort materials or objects for sale.
- Mark materials or objects for identification and price.
- Receive information or instructions for performing work assignments.
- Record operational data.
- Operate lifting equipment.
- Clean facilities or work areas.
- Shovel materials.
- Maintain material moving equipment in good working condition.